Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What's Left

One week from today I will be at Panama City Beach. And in ten days I will toe the line. I have 3 swims, 3 rides, and 2 runs left to do. I have followed my plan with a few missed workouts. I have had to shift things a bit but got it done. I am feeling good, ready. I have learned a lot about myself this year. I have pushed my body harder then ever and it has responded. I have trained with my friends and I have trained alone. My husband and kids have put up with my crazy schedule and supported me the whole time. I can't wait to give them all big sweaty hugs at the finish line.

It's real now. I got my race number. I have started gathering things, making piles of stuff that I need to take. Friends are wishing me luck in case they don't see me before the race. I even got a card in the mail today from my dentist wishing me Good Luck. How nice was that?!?

It's almost time to become an Ironman.

6 comments:

TonyP said...

Best of luck !

Lauren Starks said...

Good luck! I'll be handing out water at the finish line!

Jill Ann said...

Oh, nothing can prepare you for the feeling of toeing that line and crossing the final line. I am just as excited as you to be in PCB next week...and I cannot wait to be looking for you all over the place!!!

Treat yourself to some good meals this week and some much needed sleep. We will see you really soon!

Marathon Maritza said...

You have worked SO hard for this! Good luck and enjoy every minute!!!

jen said...

You are leaving soon for your big adventure so I wanted to get my GOOD LUCK wishes to you now! You're going to do great. We'll be thinking of you and waiting for the report. Have fun Michele!!!

Anonymous said...

Michele,
I did IMFL last year(my first IM) and caught your blog and have been following it over the last few months. I am sooo excited for you!! Have a wonderful time and enjoy it. You've already done the work..now it's just all play! Cannot wait to read your race report!