Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Week 10 Day 3

Got a Heat Wave today. It was 41 degrees at 5am, which is a lot better then what we have been running in. I convinced Lana to run with me outside by changing my plan and going ahead and running my other 8 miler instead of the 5. Not only did I change my distance plan but I also agreed to the Interstate Road route. There are two bridges over the interstate that we have to run over on that route and I am not fond of running on bridges. Today was the third time for that route and I must say it is getting easier. The reason I was only going to do 5 today is because I have to work today, so when Lana agreed to run with me I told her I had to START at 5. I am very proud of her, she was there and ready to run very close to 5 maybe a minute or two after. We ran the 8 miles in 1:19:57. My pace has been really slow this week for all my runs. Don’t know why, doesn’t feel like I am running any slower. Maybe that speed training on Mondays is doing some good after all and should not have been skipped. After we ran, I rushed home to get ready for work and get the kids off to school. My kids did me a BIG favor this morning. They decided to have lunch trays at school. It is pizza today. This is the first time for either one of them to eat school lunch. I packed them each two snacks in their backpacks just in case.

No comments: