Saturday, February 25, 2006

Week 11 - Day 6

It was another beautiful day. 60 degrees, very little wind, and the rain all stayed south of us. God had our backs again. I met Lana at the Rec Center parking lot at about 2:30 this afternoon. I had already decided that since I was a slacker yesterday I would go ahead and run the full 20 with her, what else would a good training partner do?. We left the parking lot and headed over to Interstate Drive, ran down past Batesville and ended up on Highway 55. From there we went to Willowbrook, did that loop then back into town. Lana’s Garmin turned itself off at mile 8 and she didn’t notice for about half a mile, now we had to depend on mine that had a low battery. While running down 55 we hit 13 miles in about 2:06, Lana commented that we were just a few minutes off of her time for the last half we did in November. At that point, I realized that a sub 4 is just not going to happen. We continued down 55 until we got to 16 miles then turned around and headed for the greenway. After Thursday’s run I was afraid of getting too far out. I was already putting in extra mileage this week and didn’t need to over do it. In the end we had to out and back it on the greenway just to make 20. Our final time was 3:14:08 for an average pace of 9:42.
My total mileage for the week was 51.5 with an average pace of 9:59.
Next week I HAVE to get back into the pool, I noticed I have only swam once this month, and back on my bike. My neighbor, Kim, told me this week she is planning on doing the Tri in May with me so I guess I better get ready for it. It will be my 3rd Tri and therefore my last beginner race, I really want to place.

No comments: