Friday, February 17, 2006

Week 10 Day 5

This is a record for me, I ran at 5 am five times this week. I got up this morning and looked out the window, it was dark so couldn’t tell if it was still raining. Got dressed to run outside but grabbed a tank, just in case. Backing out of the garage, I discovered it was in fact still raining. On the way to the Rec Center Lana called, she is sick. We leave for the ski trip this afternoon so I am praying she recovers quickly. Tracy never called back last night so I wasn’t sure if she was coming. I decided I was not up for a wet run so went inside to do my 10 miles on the track. Uggggg!!! Tracy got there when I was about a half a mile into my run and ran 8 with me. I had to finish up the last mile and a half thinking about everything I have to get done before we leave and depend on entertainment from the senior crowd. I had a man tell me that I had lapped him 28 times and he was going to trip me on the 30th. I ran the 10 miles in 1:44:35 for a slow pace of 10:28. This week’s total mileage is 36 with an average pace of 10:11. I am disappointed in the pace but glad that I got 5 runs in with everything that is going on. Next week is going to be another difficult week to squeeze everything in because we won’t get back until Monday evening and we have a long run of 20 miles.

No comments: