Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Behind Again

I just can’t seem to stay on top of this blog. Too much working out????

Lana and I had decided last week that we were going to adjust “The Plan”. I knew that she was going for an overall finish Saturday at the STAR even though she didn’t admit it (she got it, she has a great race report posted). She wanted fresh legs on Saturday so Friday’s long run got moved to Sunday.

Sunday morning we met at Joe’s at 6:00. The first loop Joe stayed a few steps ahead of me and Lana. We stopped for water and Gu at about seven and a half. I fell a few steps behind. Lana turned and gave me a look. I caught up with her and she told me she didn’t want to run alone. Joe dropped back with us too. Then he kept dropping back while Lana and I continued to hold the pace. I could taste a negative split then and pushed a little harder. By this point my Garmin was a full tenth of a mile behind Lana’s Garmin. So she grabbed the water from the cooler we had set out while I continued moving hoping to gain on her. No luck. It was really hard to keep running once her Garmin beeped 15 miles, but we picked up the pace and finished strong.
9:45, 9:51, 9:53, 9:29, 9:23, 9:27, 9:28, 10:16 (water/Gu), 9:33, 9:34, 9:26, 9:01, 9:16 (water), 9:12, 8:31

My legs were toast. I went home and got back in bed and slept until the kids woke me up at 8:45.

Monday was back on “The Plan” with a 5 mile recovery run. Ronnie had a golf scrabble so I was up early (4:30) again. The first tenth of a mile was very comical. My legs were so sore it hurt with every step. Finally I got my running legs and then I had to potty. I looped back around to my house and made a pit stop. I also stopped my watch, this run was going to be slow enough. After the potty break, I finished the run. 5 miles at a 11: 32 pace.

This morning I met Lana at her house at 4:30 for yet another mid week 10 miler. I stopped along the way and left us some water bottles. Neither one of was sure how this run was going to go. I didn’t sleep well last night (good thing I got in that nap yesterday morning) and my legs were still pretty tired. We did the same route except we added an out and back on Hwy 55. Lana was telling a story and we ended up running out a little too far. On the way back Lana needed to potty. Walgreen’s wasn’t open yet and by the time we got to the next gas station she decided she could wait, but she picked up the pace. We beeped 10 miles and had to keep running to get back to Lana’s. 10.13 miles in 1:36:02, 9:29 pace.
9:31, 9:36, 9:52, 9:26, 9:20, 9:43, 9:36, 9:21, 9:09, 9:16 and the last 0.13 miles at 8:49.

My bed is calling me now. Tomorrow is a rest day. I am skipping toning class and sleeping in until 6:00!

4 comments:

Benson said...

oh the joys of sleeping in. You've trained pretty hard lately so enjoy the rest day.
You and Lana are 2 tough cookies.

Marathon Maritza said...

Awesome paces! Especially the 10-miler on tired legs, great job!

Anonymous said...

Splits really look good. Just think how much they will drop with the temperature! Enjoy the rest day!

Lisa said...

You & Lana make me feel so lazy! :)
I have a 305 ordered so I will know exactly how SLOW I'm running now. ha!