Friday, September 21, 2007

More Changes

We are doing some shifting of the schedule again.

Wednesday was a rest/cross train day. Originally Lana and I had wanted to ride outside that morning but it was way too dark. So I got up at 5:00 and did the Spinervals “No Slackers” DVD on my trainer. It has been a while and I wasn’t able to do the super spins at 120 rpm. Going to have to work back up to that again.

Thursday morning I met Lana, Joe and Mike at the Rec Center. Lana had mapped out a new (mostly) 7 mile loop. It was dark but a lot of the route was in town where there are street lights. Good thing since I forgot to borrow a head lamp from one of the kids. BTW, my dad told me he got them at Lowe’s for 10 bucks. I will be going to pick up one for myself soon.

Today the schedule has an 18 miler on it, but we are shifting it to tomorrow and taking a rest day today.

Tomorrow is The Middle Half, a half mary in Murfreesboro. Lana and I are going to run 2 miles before the race and 3 miles after the race to make it into an 18 miler. So ANOTHER race that I am not racing.

Then today the race director for Old Timers Day called me to see if I was doing the 5K next weekend. I told her no and she pretty much bullied me into it. I have a 20 mile run the day before that race. So once again I will be taking a public spanking.

3 comments:

Allez said...

I have that spinervals dvd too. I'm not good at getting over 120 rpm!

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow... The weather should be perfect.

Kate said...

Enjoy the not racing half (as much as you can!) Good luck for the 5k- even if you do take a public spanking you'll be doing something pretty impressive by racing the day after a 20-miler.