Friday, September 14, 2007

Week 6 -Recovery??

I thought this was recovery week! So why am I so darn tired?

Yesterday (Thursday), I met Lana, Holly, Amy, Mike, Joe and Tim at the Rec Center at 5:00am. We ran the greenway loop twice. 4 miles in 41:30, 10:22 pace. Then Lana, Mike, Tim and I went inside to swim. I did 1500 yards in 30:25. Lana and I had our own lanes but swam neck in neck the whole time. Anytime I would start to slack she would pass me and then I would have to catch back up.

Today was the long run. Only 12 miles, it is recovery week. Lana mapped us out a route and put water and Gu at mile 8. We met at 4:30am. I had big plans for this run, after all it was only 12 miles. But right from the start I knew I was in trouble. Why am I so tired? It took a lot of effort to finish and if Lana hadn’t been there to pull me along I don’t know that I would have made all 12. She said she was more tired then usual too so maybe that is how we are suppose to be feeling at this point in the program. I don’t know.
Splits:
9:56, 9:33, 9:16, 9:43, 9:36, 9:34, 9:14, 9:17, 10:03 (water Gu stop), 9:22, 9:34, 9:16

Sunday is our last tri of the season. I can’t believe the season is over, it went by so fast.

6 comments:

Marathon Maritza said...

Great splits, Michele!

I am finding I am almost more tired on my recovery days too, but I feel more prepped for the next long/hard run. So maybe you'll feel the 'recovery week' effects next week?

Either way, you are doing awesome!

Anonymous said...

This first recovery week in the Pfitz plan is after 5 weeks. I think that it a rather long cycle. You have a right to be tired. You're doing GREAT.

jen said...

Sounds like the recovery week came at the right time- you have been working hard and should be tired! The schedule even predicted it! Don't worry you'll get your energy back next week. Great runs and swim. :)

TJ said...

I've had the same experience in the past. Recovery weeks I'd be draggin, but my energy would always come back around when the recovery week was over.

teacherwoman said...

Good luck with your last tri of the season! YOU WILL ROCK IT!

MNFirefly said...

Awesome splits, Michele! Great job!