Monday, September 10, 2007

I may fall down, but I don’t stay down

Saturday morning I rode 20 miles with Mike. We averaged 17.9 mph. It wasn’t my best effort but following the 17 miler on Friday I will take it.

Sunday evening we met at my house at 6 for an 8 mile GA run and 8 x 100 strides. Joe was feeling awfully spunky and kept pulling ahead and then running back to us (me, Lana, and Mike). We got to talking about the up coming marathon and the missed goals last time. This lit fire under Lana and she took off with Joe. I got a little ahead of Mike so was running alone, again. I ended up with 8 miles in 1:13:10, 9:09 pace. My heart rate was a little high for a GA run. I averaged 162 and maxed at 176. Back at my house we regrouped for strides. Joe is still having knee issues so was only able to get in 3. Lana, Mike and I knocked out the 8 and were very thankful that we didn’t have 10 this week.

This morning(Monday), I got up at 5:00 and ran my 5 mile recovery run. Man, was I TIRED. I did two loops and it took everything I had not to stop when I passed my house the first time. The 5 miles took 55:12, 11:02 pace. Heart rate was on target at 140.

Huge congrats to all you IM Wisconsin finishers. I spent a large part of yesterday tracking bloggers and watching Ironman Live online. It was so cool.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing great. Must be nice having a group to train with.

Lisa said...

U guys R doing so great with those Sun night runs. I wish I were fresh enough to join you on Sundays.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Nope, you don't stay down. You get up and take off like a bat out of hell!!!

jen said...

Nice ride and runs! Sorry about your fall but it sure makes me feel better about falling that same morning! All the cool kids have scrapes on their knees.

Marathon Maritza said...

Great job on the runs! I have totally been feeling my fatigue in the recovery runs as well...almost like, "wouldn't I recover better if I just stay in BED?"

KEEP IT UP! YOU ROCK!