Thursday, September 06, 2007

I met Joe and Lana at the Rec Center at 4:50 this morning. Amy left me a text message that she wasn’t going to make it and Lana called Mike and woke him up to find out he wasn’t going to make it either. So the 3 of us headed out on our 5 mile recovery run. We ran a 3 mile loop on the greenway and through town and then a two mile loop. 50:35, 10:07/mile. I think it almost killed Joe to have to run so slowly. I had a average heart rate of 147.
After the run Lana and I went in for a swim in the pool. We each had our own lanes but swam at the same pace. Not our best swim but we covered the distance. 1 mile in 36:18.
Today was also the rebel run at school for the kids. This is a big fund raiser. the kids run laps around the gym for 20 minutes. After each lap they get a card marked.
Bryce's run was at 9:15. He ended up with 65 laps.

Then Casey’s run was at 12:00. She ran 52 laps. She was really upset when she found out her brother beat her this year.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Cute kids and competitive! :)

Benson said...

Great pics of the kids playing. Makes me want to get out and play myself. Thanks.

jen said...

Cool race and cool pics! Congrats to both of the kids. :)

Nice job on your run too!