Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Not as Planned

When I got up yesterday, I could walk again. I had very little soreness left. I spent the morning cleaning up the playroom so when Lana’s lunch hour was approaching I needed outside. I emailed her and told her I would be there. I got stuck at the intersection while they moved a house down the road so I was late. I hate being late but I hated it even more since Mike and Lana were both on their lunch hours. Sorry guys!!
We rode a nice short loop, 13.22 miles in 44:36. 17.8 mph average. It was a beautiful day and felt great to be on my bike.
I went back home to finish picking up before I had to get the kids from school.

This morning I got up at 4:00. On tap – 11 miles with 6 at half mary pace. I worried about this run all night. I just knew that it was going to be a challenge and it was!
I ran 3 slow miles 10:20, 9:52 and 9:51. Then I picked up the pace for the next 6. 8:46, 9:02, 8:53, 8:58, 9:28 and 9:58. That last one includes stopping right before it beeped at my driveway for water. After the drink I shuffled off for my last two miles. 10:42 and 11:10. OK, so I didn’t hit pace. I am not happy about it especially since this was my first major run alone. I need to be able to push myself and not count on having someone else push me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing great. If you need some help to push you while running solo, set up an advance workout on your watch. It is a great motivator to hit the target just to make the watch stop beeping!

Marathon Maritza said...

Same thing happened with my 12 mi (7 @ LT) run on Tuesday...If you're like me, you're just feeling the result of some heavy mileage on your legs. But your pace was still great overall, so chalk up to miles that got covered...you're doing awesome!

Kate said...

I wouldn't worry- you're just hanging on to the race and generally heavier mileage. I'm sure your next time doing the same workout will be sweet!

MNFirefly said...

No worries! You are doing just fine. Take it easy on yourself.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Me, of all people, you should not worry about making late!

My hats off to you and that LT run - any pace is better than my "no pace". haha!

Thanks for letting me run the 5 mile loop with you guys today - It really helped me.

TriSonq said...

Hey Michelle,

Just making my blog rounds. You guys are killing me with your training.

I'll be doing the Shelby Bottoms Boogie 15K this weekend and then running and additional 4-5miles afterwards.

Have a good weekend.