Friday, September 07, 2007

Week 5 - Done

I met Lana and Joe at 4:00 this morning for our 17 mile run.

We left the Rec Center and ran out to the highway. The sidewalks around here are horrible so I run on the roads as much as possible. We were on the highway and had just finished the first mile when two cars came over the hill toward us. I decided to step up onto the sidewalk out of the way. Problem is it was dark and the headlights had me blind. I stepped right into an inlet and fell. I jumped up really fast and continued to run. Lana asked did I need to walk it off, I just gave her a short “no” and kept going. I couldn’t see the damage to my knees but I know my ego was hurting. We made it to some light in about half a mile and I saw both knees where bleeding. My shoulder was really hurting but I saw no signs of damage.




We continued on. The route had us passing Holly’s, Lana’s sister, house at about 5 miles and again at about 10.5 miles. Holly had put out a cooler of water and Joe had Gu. I had also left a bag of water at my friend Tracy’s mailbox.

The route ended up a little short and we started an out and back on the greenway. Lana looked and me and said she had to get to the bathroom ASAP. She turned around and ran back to the Rec Center while I finished my run.. It is just as well because my Garmin was running a tenth of a mile behind hers again.
Details: The slower miles are the ones with water stops.

I got home at 7:05 and got the kids dressed and to school at 7:15 in time to meet my mother for Grandparent’s breakfast.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your knees heal quickly. Those splits look great. Your really doing well!

Lisa said...

Hey thanks for the invite on Sun, but I'll have to rest/cross train. I've been doing 4 mi rec runs on sundays and it's killing me doing that the day after the LONG ones...

Hope your knees are ok. Becareful.

Marathon Maritza said...

OUCH! Hope that heals quickly and painlessly! I have just started running in early morning darkness so I will try to be extra careful too.

Have a great weekend!

P.S. Your kiddies are adorable!

MNFirefly said...

Ouch, Michele! I hope your knees are okay.

teacherwoman said...

OUCH! I hope the knees aren't too sore! Sounds like a busy day!

TJ said...

no pain...no gain....
hope you heal up quickly!

Anonymous said...

What a brutally early hour.

Sorry about the spill and the battle scar.

I love back-to-school pics. Thanks for sharing.

Lance Notstrong said...

Take it easy on those knees!!!

Allez said...

Ouch! Take care of that!