Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Last VO2 Max

Whew, am I glad that is over! As soon as I saw 3 x 1600 on the schedule, I knew I was in trouble.
I met Lana this morning at 5:00. As soon as she pulled up, she jumped into my van.
"I DON'T want to do this" she said.
"Me either!!!" I replied.
We stalled.
Finally we decided to get it over with and climbed out of the van.
The plan was 8 miles with 3 x 1600.
We ran the 2 miles from the rec center to Westwood. Lana used her code to break into the track. And then we started the 1600s.
I didn't even try to hang with Lana. I knew I couldn't and I didn't want to do myself in right off the bat.
I don't have my Garmin handy. I am in bed with my toasty warm new flannel sheets and don't want to get up to get it. So I don't have the exact splits.
I do remember that my first one was seven forty something. Then the second was seven fifty something and the last one was better then the other two.
I was so glad to be done.
The 2.5 mile back to the rec center were tough but we took them slow.

Another rest/cross training day tomorrow. I am going to class, assuming I can pull myself out of these comfy sheets. I am loving this taper.

3 comments:

Joe said...

Hey, we're on taper now!! And what a good intense run to top off this finishing effort!!

Only 10 days to go...you'll be set!

Anonymous said...

To me this run is the hardest of the VO2Max runs in the Pfitz plan. It is almost a cruel joke to put it during the taper! Good job getting it done. It is all down hill from here!

MNFirefly said...

TAPER TIME!! Yayyyy!