Monday, September 08, 2008

Another Race

I got an email the other day that "The 2008 Los Locos Duathlon is Fast Approaching!" I didn't delete it but I didn't really give it too much thought either. It is in Memphis and that is a long drive for a duathlon. Then this morning I realized that it is the same weekend we will be in Memphis for a wedding anyway!!!! AND they have a 1 mile kids fun run where each kid gets a finishers medal. I called Ronnie and told him about how lucky we are!!! He was overjoyed ;) but gave me clearance to sign up. yahoo, another race.

In the meantime. I have Music City this Sunday and a training plan to stick to. That plan called for a 1:30 ride Sunday followed by a 40 minute run. Tracy came over at 4:00 PM and went along. We had a nice social ride and went 23.2 miles. After the ride Tracy ran with me for the first 3 miles then I finished up alone for a total of 4.2 miles.
This morning I had a 4500 yard continuous swim. The Plan allotted 1:15 for the swim, it took me 1:41:30. Man I am slow!!!! But it is nice to know that I can go the distance.

4 comments:

Benson said...

Being able to go the distance is the key. You'll be surprised how fast you are on race day.
Hang in there.

MNFirefly said...

I am so happy that you found another great race to do.

TJ said...

That swim is Iron in the bank.
Good luck with the duathlon.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Good job at the HOW 100 and on that 4500 yd swim!!! 1:15 is just insane anways...I'll take 1:41 any day! I may take you up on riding on Friday, although I'm not sure if I'll be doing 100 or not.