Thursday, September 11, 2008

Got it Done

I am happy to report that I got Saturday's 1200 yard swim done this morning.
Believe me it wasn't easy. I tried to use the whole "I can count Sunday's swim" rational. But that is NEXT week. I needed that 1200 yards this week.
When the alarm went off at 5. I goaned and thought
Oh, I don't have to do this...I could swim tomorrow before my 100 mile ride...Is 1200 yards even worth getting wet for...my bed sure is comfy...I am tired...
The dog cried to go out. I got up to deal with her and in the process realized I wasn't that tired. So I got dressed and went to the pool.
The Plan called for easy 1200(and even allowed 25 minutes) so I took it easy (26:30). But it is done!
Now I just gotta figure out how I am going to make up those lost run miles from Tuesday.

4 comments:

Marathon Maritza said...

Nice job getting it done!! I am all about trying to figure out my 'catch up' schedule right now...sigh...

Joe said...

It's never easy to get wet that early in the morning. Good job.

Benson said...

Good job getting the yardage in.
Caution, don't overtrain cuz you want to make up for "lost" miles. If you miss a work out, fine, move on an make the the rest better.
You're doing great.

MNFirefly said...

Nice job!