Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Marking Time

I have been slacking.
Sunday the Plan called for an hour and a half "recovery" ride. But the kids and I went to M'boro after church and did some shopping and hanging out. We got home about 5 and I decided Mexican food and beer were a much better way to recover.
Monday The Plan called for a 30 minute run and a 2900 yard swim. I did both but with little enthusiasm. It was just marking time. Quantity not quality.
Today was an hour twenty "anything goes" ride followed by a 20 minute run. I listened to #14 of Tacboy n Bigun podcast and did the Pedaling Strength DVD. Well, kinda. I didn't push the big gears and sucked at the recovery spins. More just putting in the time, no quality. The run wasn't much better. I shuffled two loops around the hood.
I guess I should just be happy that I haven't snoozed myself out of these workouts and did something. But I am in need of a good quality workout, something to give me a boost. Tomorrow I am getting up early to swim but have decided to leave work early so that I can do the required one hour ride out on the road. Maybe some time out in the sunshine will give me the quality I need.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think maintaining the schedule is a large part of the training. You will do great in Florida!

Darrell said...

Training is all peaks and valleys. Sounds like you are on your way back up to a peak.

Eric said...

Mexican food and beer is always a great way to recover!!!

Ryan said...

Mex food and Mex beer is my reward for after the IM. Well, so is everything else I have been craving, but I am really looking forward to some cervezas!

Hasta La Vista!

jen said...

You're in the middle of a crazy training plan- I say, enthusiasm or no, you're doing great. Keep up the good work!

IronGambit said...

You are right, at least you are not sleeping in !