Monday, April 23, 2007

Burning the Candle at Both Ends

Man, it was one crazy weekend.

Saturday morning I got up at 6:00 and got myself and the kids ready. We made the drive up to Nashville to see my friend Dawn who was in town for her son’s soccer tournament. We got there at half time of the first game. We watched the second half then went to Subway for lunch. The second game was at 12:10 and they kicked butt. After the game we rushed home. Ronnie promised to be home from his golf tournament by 3:00 so that I could get to the pool before they closed. I got home, changed, and went to the pool. I did a 10 minute warm up, 450 yards, and 1500 yard main set in 34:12. I had to deal with some rude swimmers but won’t get into that. I hurried out of the pool and out to my bike. 80 minutes, 23.48 miles. It was beautiful out and I felt great. I rushed home again to get cleaned up and head back up to Murfreesboro to my friend Laurie’s bachelorlette party.

Sunday, I was feeling a little slow after a few too many beers at the party. So I picked up around the house for a few hours before getting to my workout. At about 10:45 the kids and I went outside. I set my trainer up in the driveway. The plan called for 8 x (run 4:00, bike 10:00, run 4:00). I ended up with 6.95 miles of running and 20.98 of trainer riding.
It was sunny and about 80 again, the warmth felt great.

After the workout, I got myself and the kids cleaned up, drove through McDonald’s, took the kids next door to the sitter, and then went back up to Murfreesboro for my friend, Mary Beth’s, birthday dinner.

Thankfully today was a rest day. Just work and yard cutting.

Time for the tooth fairy to make an appearance, my daughter lost tooth number 2 today.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

oh my. Sounds busy. But sounds fun too. Send that tooth fairy my way when your done. My youngest daughters second tooth is due to fall out any second.

Joe said...

> Thankfully today was a rest day.
> Just work and yard cutting.

Perhaps you've got a smaller lawn than me but I don't count cutting the lawn as a rest day! It's hard work!

Marathon Maritza said...

Wow, that is one busy weekend! I'm proud of you for sticking to your workouts though...way to kick butt!

jen said...

What a busy weekend, but sounds really fun. Interesting bike/run workout, you did great!

TriSonq said...

I need to try those run, bike, run intervals. They sound pretty rough.

Are you doing the CMM this weekend? If so, what corral are you in?
I'll be in 5.

Lance Notstrong said...

Holy crap!!! You cram more into two days than I do all week!!!

dal6832 said...

Thanks for coming to the Soccer tournament.