Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday

Saturday was the third 1000 yard time trial of this program. Even with the stroke changes that Dee has made, I felt really good in the water. Too bad I wasn’t faster. 21:08 compared to the 18:45ish time of the other two TT.

By the time I got home from church Sunday the weather was nasty, but my husband was HOME!!! I changed and ran. 45 minutes, 4.83 miles, 9:19 pace. It was SNOWING. Come on people it is April. After the run, I changed and meet Lana for the drive to swim class. The pool was set up on long course, 50 yards. Man, I didn’t realize how much harder long course is. But she took it easier on us since it was the first long course swim class, just 2800 yards! After class, I talked to Ashley about my slow TT time from Saturday and she says she isn’t worried. I hope she is right.

Monday I got up at 5:30 and was at the pool as they opened. I had finished my first 3 50’s when Joe showed up. He asked where my kick board was. I looked at him funny and he informed me that the plan said the warm up was to be 6 x 50 odd swim, even kick. I did not see the part about kick. Anyway, I finished the 6 x 50 warm up just swim. Then went right into the 3 x 600 and the 200 cool down. Total swim time was 50:54.

Today was a brick (1 hour ride, 30 minute run). Tracy came over at about 11 and we did the Matt’s Hollow Loop. It was windy and it really slowed us down. After a quick transition, the run went well.

3 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Nice job, Michelle!

Phil said...

Hard to believe that it's still snowing in your part of the country! No wonder you're spending so much time working on your swimming. Nice job getting out and running in the lousy weather.

Joe said...

Uh...snow...in April? I pity you.