Saturday, April 28, 2007

Oh, the lengths I will go to

Today was totally messed up. First off we had to be at the post office at 8:00 when they opened to get pass ports. This put a crimp on all the rest of the day’s plans.
Tracy called and wanted to join me on my 3 hour ride but she wanted to go earlier then I had planned. I tried to find a sitter but couldn’t. She had her mother-in-law lined up to keep her daughter. To make a long story short, I ended up leaving both my kids with Tracy’s mother-in-law so that I could ride with Tracy.
Tracy and I had a great ride. It was sunny, it was cloudy, and it was WINDY. This was Tracy’s longest ride ever and I think she still hates me. But we ended up with 47.94 miles in 3 hours. I felt great the whole ride and could have pushed it even harder. I am feeling good about the Gulf Coast ride for the first time since I signed up for the race.
When we got back to Tracy’s she told me to go ahead and do my 20 minute run. So, I ran down the street to a new neighborhood they are putting in and ran up and down that street 3 times then back to Tracy’s house. I ended up with 2.44 miles in 21:37, 8:51 pace.

5 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Great effort, Michelle!

Lance Notstrong said...

Funny how one ride or workout can make everything fall into place :-)

TJ said...

sounds like you are ready.
great ride and run.

Phil said...

Great pace! Don't get me started on Passports. I've had one all my professional life and mine is due to expire at the end of the year. The feds want $127 to run the renewal through in 2 weeks or for $67 they'll take 10 weeks to complete the process. Since I can't afford to be without the thing for 3 months, I need to pay 6 bucks to have another passport with a new picture.

jen said...

Great ride Michele, and run too! You are going to do great at the tri. :) Keep it up!