Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter.

Today finished up my peak training week and I am glad it is over.
Friday morning I met Lana at the pool when they opened at 6:00 and we swam for 1 hour. I tried really hard to work on rotating my hips and getting on my side like Dee showed me Wednesday at swim class. I can’t say that I did it very well but I am trying. I only got in about 2500 yards. I lost count after the first 50 lengths and that was about 30 minutes.
After the swim, Lana and I got bundled up for a 1 hour ride. It was a cold 43 degrees, not ideal riding temps. We did an out and back on 55. Both of our plans called for an easy, flat ride so that is what we did. We got in 16.41 miles.

Saturday was a rest day.

Today, we woke up at 6:00 when my son started yelling for his sister that the Easter Bunny had come. They unloaded their baskets then ran around the house looking for eggs. The Easter Bunny doesn’t like the cold so he hid all the eggs inside.
After all the excitement we went to church, Sunday school and Cracker Barrel. I ate my favorite French toast with cherries. When we got home, I tried to read some of my son’s book to him but I could NOT keep my eyes open. I ended up taking a nap. When I woke up, I bundled up again for a two and a half hour ride and 20 minute run. When I got outside the sun was nice and warm so I decided to go gloveless. I almost took off a layer but thankfully I was too lazy. The plan said to find as many hills as I could; problem was the plan didn’t take in account for the wind. It was mean today. I was really missing my gloves. I ended up riding 37.81 miles in 2:31. When I got off my bike my neck and back were killing me. I put my bike in the garage and changed shoes. I ran 2.24 miles, 8:55 pace.

Next week is recovery week and I need it. Less then 5 weeks now until the big day.

4 comments:

TJ said...

the easter bunny didn't come to our house this year. he's been....um....outed....discovered...revealed.
however, miss tj couldn't stand it and a basket showed up anyway.

good job getting out in the wind for your ride. i ended up on the the trainer.

DV said...

big week...

great job m!

50 laps in 30 minutes - speedy!

Unknown said...

Congrats on making it through the cold rides. I know I'm amazed at how much a week or two of warmth has made me a cold weather puss!

Enjoy your recovery week.

Joe said...

> I could NOT keep my eyes open.

I'm not surprised, Michele. You have been logging a TON of mileage lately in all three disciplines. You are amazing.