Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Horrible

That is the only word to describe my workouts today.

I got up at 5:30 and went to the pool. I did 2 x150 warm up and a 3 x 750 main set. I had to skip the cool down due to time. I almost skipped a 750 but stuck it out since it was going so bad, figured I needed the work. I think this is the worst I have ever felt in the water. At one point I had to actually stop mid length and choke. My final time for the 2550 yards was 56:01.

Then I got to make yet another trip to Nashville. Today was the field trip for the second grade reading points.

When we got home, I got on my trainer for a pathetic ride. I knew I was not up to a Spinervals workout so I just watched a movie. It didn’t go well.

Now I am just drowning my sorrows in pizza and wine.

For the record:
JKRunning: the tooth fairy is done here for now, hope she makes it there soon.
Joe: Actually we have an acre and a half. I can use the riding lawn mower on the front and side yards, but the back I have to push and it takes as long as the riding part. I like to think of it as cross training.
Trisonq: I am not doing the CMM this year; it just didn’t fit with my training schedule.
Lance: nice tan lines.

My daughter’s lost tooth


My son at the Sound’s game

7 comments:

DV said...

forget the bad... as soon as it is over, move on. better swims/bikes to come - guaranteed...

cute cute cute kids!

TJ said...

yep. it'll get better. just hang in there.

Laurie said...

Sounds like all of my work-outs here lately! You'll get back where you want to be. Don't worry!

Joe said...

Perhaps you should take an unscheduled rest day to heal and regain the "hunger".

MNFirefly said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. Tomorrow's another day. You can do it!

Lance Notstrong said...

LOL!!! I should take another picture, they are even worse this year!!!

Wow, $1.00!!! The tooth fairy wasn't that rich when I was growing up. I think I gave my kids a buck too :-)

dal6832 said...

That sure is a cute hat that bryce has on.