Thursday, April 26, 2007

Training Continues

Yesterday morning I intended to get up for a 30 minute ride and toning class, well, I changed my mind as I was setting my alarm clock. So, after work I got on my trainer and did a 30 minute ride. It went much better then Tuesday.
Then Lana and I went to swim class. I am continuing to work on my stroke. I don’t know who is more frustrated, me or Dee. I am TRYING to do what she says but apparently I just don’t get it.

Today, when I woke up, it was raining. I got the kids to school and tried to figure out my game plan. I had a 30 minute ride and a 2 hour run on schedule. I could do the ride inside but I did not want to run inside. I checked the forecast and things did not look good. I looked out the window and the rain had stopped. I quick grabbed my stuff and got on my bike. I rode 8.09 miles for an average speed of 16.2 mph. I didn’t push too hard knowing that I had the long run still, but I felt great the whole ride.
Back at home, I changed shoes and grabbed my fuel belt. No sooner had I started running and it started raining again. The rain didn’t last too long, just enough to get me good and wet. Then the sun came out. Great, I had on a soaking wet long sleeve shirt and the sun was beating down on me. Not to worry though, it wasn’t long until the wind picked up. The rest of the run was done with alternating sun and clouds with lots of wind. I made it home after 12.47 miles for a 9:38 pace.

7 comments:

Joe said...

I don't know how you can make running 12.47 miles sound so routine. You are amazing.

Anonymous said...

Good job with the brick

Janet Edwards said...

Nice solid training! I can imagine the end of that run must have been slightly uncomfortable.

Brooke said...

You get my awe for doing it at all. Good for you.

LoneStarCrank said...

Impressive as always. Great job finishing what you set out to do.

Laurie said...

You ran almost a half marathon and I can hear you yawning as I read it! I wish 12.47 miles was that easy for me! I'm STRESSING over my half marathon tomorrow!

MNFirefly said...

Great job, Michelle. Awesome focus!