Monday, July 23, 2007

Bahama Mama

Chattanooga Waterfront Race results finally got posted on Tuesday but I was already on my way to the Bahamas. Lana set me a text message so at least I knew my official numbers.

Official race results:
1.5 K Swim 29:42
T1 1:21
40 K Bike 1:25:28
T2 1:04
10 K Run 57:10
Total race time 2:54:46 21 of 59 in age group.

Monday I was too busy getting ready for vacation and working so I took a post race rest day.

Tuesday was travel day.

Wednesday I ran 3.49 miles in 33:08. I had set out to do 4 miles but I kept hitting dead ends and just gave up and went back to the resort. I thought I would run up the 13 flights of stairs back to our room but the lady at the front desk told me there were no stairs. (I found out later that there was in fact stairs but I never found them from the ground floor.)

Thursday I met Tracy and we ran 4.73 miles in 49:40.

Friday I did nothing.

Saturday I ran 2.64 miles in 27:59 with Tracy. We planned on 4-5 miles but had to go back due to potty emergency. All those fruity drinks.

Sunday I ran 4.60 miles in 47:06 alone.

We got home late Sunday night. It was a great vacation. All inclusive so I drank and ate way too much. I won’t bore with details.

This morning, Monday, I ran 4.00 miles in 41:18 and then swam 5 x 300 yards in 32:38.

I have Cedars coming up this weekend and hope I can get into some form of race shape before then. I think I would die if I had to do that race today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great vacation....

Unknown said...

Sounds like you kept up the training while still enjoying your vacation. Good for you!

Brooke said...

No stairs? Isn't that some sort of fire hazard?
Regardless, it sounds (and looks) like a fun trip.

Lance Notstrong said...

I love the "boring" details :-)

Rae said...

How nice!! Good luck at Cedars, maybe those fruity drinks will give you extra zip!