Friday, July 27, 2007

A Whole Lot of Nothing

Yesterday I planned to really push myself on a ride. I got up at 5:00. It was barely light enough at 5:15 to be riding. Morning riding is coming to an end!!! :(

I started out ok. But it didn’t take long and I would find myself slacking. Then I would start pushing again only to be slacking a few minutes later. What is wrong with me?? Why can’t I push myself on my bike when I am alone??

This morning the alarm went off at 6:00. I got out of bed. I started thinking how today is my last chance to sleep in. Tomorrow is the race so I will have to get up at about 4:30. Then Casey is having 4 little girls over for a sleepover tomorrow night for her birthday (which is today). There will be no sleeping going on. So I got back in bed and slept until 7:45. Ahhh heaven!!

I am not excited about the race tomorrow. I am not in any kind of race shape. Anyone know how I can lose 10 pounds TODAY??? Cedars was my very first triathlon 2 years ago. Last year I made improvements on every part. This year I just hope to finish.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday Casey :-)

Michele- your racing recently has been good! You'll be fine tomorrow!

Brooke said...

Honey, if I knew how to lose 10 lbs. in one day I would be SO much happier.

Good luck in the race.