Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Back of the Pack

This morning I drove to the Rec Center where I met up with Lana, Holly, Kelly, Don and Joe. I had mapped out two different bike routes and we picked the one will rolling hills verses the completely flat one. I got out voted!!

We headed out and Kelly, Don and Joe took the lead with Lana right on their tails. Holly was next and I brought up the rear. I think I managed to pass Holly a time or two when I built up speed on the downhills, otherwise I stayed firmly in last place. The good thing about riding with these speed demons is that it forces me to push myself.

Kelly ended up waiting on us at a turn and stayed with us the rest of the ride. We missed a turn and our 16 mile ride turned into a 14.33 mile ride in 47:56. That’s my time, the speed demons finished much faster.

Back at the Rec Center, Lana and I changed shoes and did a 2 mile run. 17:32, 8:47 pace.

Tonight is toning and yoga. Wonder what new forms of torture Cindy will have in store.

2 comments:

Phil said...

14 miles is still a nice ride. Congrats

Anonymous said...

My legs were on fire in this ride. From BEGINNING to END! Even if it was just 14.3+ miles!!!