Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Replacement

Last night my dog woke me up at about 2:00 to go out. While she was doing her business, I noticed that I had a text message on my phone. It was from Lana at 12:55 saying that she was still up and not to wait on her for our scheduled 4 mile run.

So when the alarm went off at 4:20, it was extra hard to pull my self out of bed. Somehow I managed. When I got to the Rec Center, Eric was stretching in the parking lot. He asked if Lana was coming and when I said no he asked if I wanted to run with him. I told him that it depended on how far and fast he was running. He said he would do whatever I was planning on doing. So off we went. We did two of the two mile loops on the greenway (I didn’t fall this week). As we where heading back on the second loop, Eric said he was going to go straight on Hwy 41 and get in one last hill. He asked me to join him but I passed. I finished my 4 miles at the Rec Center. I think my pace was 9:18.

Toning class was tough again this morning and made extra tough by the fatigue from last night’s class. I hope that I can move my arms tomorrow. I really need to get in a swim.

4 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

What a horrible training partner that Lana is!!!!

You were rather kind about her so rudely bailing on you at 1 a.m.

;)

Anonymous said...

Good pace...my pace is really suffering in this heat.

Phil said...

You've got the best training partners (including Lana). How lucky you are.

TriSonq said...

Just want to wish you guys good luck this weekend.

Still in Destin and doing the minimal amount of training. Only a couple of runs this week. It's soooo hot here, but I'm not complaining.

Have fun in Chattanooga and kick bootay!