Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Recovery

Saturday after the race was Casey’s slumber party. Those little girls stayed up until after 3. And they only went to bed then because I told them “I have been up for 23 hours now, y’all HAVE to go to sleep now.” I hoped they would at least sleep late, but noooooo they were up before 8:00.

So Sunday I was dead tired. I did no workouts and called it race recovery.

Monday morning I did a slow 6 mile run. Same old route. I did have to stop just short of 3 miles and pet two of the cutest puppies. Mama dog ran across the street when she saw me coming and her puppies came trotting after. They were just too cute not to stop and play with for a minute.

Today, Tuesday, I met Lana and we did an 18+ mile ride. She told me to set the pace and I didn’t set it as fast as I would have liked. Oh well, consider it a fat burning workout.

I ate horrible all weekend so yesterday I started from square one. I did really good and am proud of myself. I am off to a great start today, I made a banana/strawberry smoothie for breakfast after my ride.

Sunday kicks off marathon training. I look forward to having a schedule again.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I would've taken a rest day after all that too!

Kate said...

Nice work! Stinky to lose first place AG like that.

Yay for marathon training! One step on the way to sub-4