Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Return of my Running Partner

I thought I was going to be running alone this morning but last night Lana sent me a text message that she would be there. I was very excited, I knew I could use the push she always provides.

So we met at 4:45 this morning. I had programmed my garmin for a tempo run. 1 mile warm up, 4 x (3 minutes fast, 2 minutes recovery) and 1 mile cool down.

Here is how it went (numbers are pace)
warm up 9:52
tempo
3min, 2min
8:03, 9:56
7:35, 10:31
8:08, 10:28
8:21, 10:12
cool down 9:33

that 7:35 pace was down hill and the 8:21 was uphill.

That is a total of 4.28 miles in 39:25.

We finished right at the front door of the Rec Center. We went in for toning class. We did lots of abs today and I was thankful. Vacation has left me feeling fatter then normal.

I ordered a copy of Advanced Marathoning this morning. Training for my next marathon starts August 5th. Lana and I have decided it will be The Rocket City Marathon on December 8th. We are both going for sub 4. We have to make it this time because next year we want to go to San Francisco and run the Nike women’s marathon for fun.

I have until July 31st to raise another $150 and then I get this cool jersey for free. There is a link in my sidebar if you feel the desire to sponsor me. thanks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great about Rocket City. I may see you there!

jen said...

Great job on the tempo run!

I have Advanced Marathoning and have used the 12/55 program, it's great. I am going to use the same plan this fall. How cool that you picked a Marathon! That one sounds fun.

Lance Notstrong said...

4:45? How do you guys run in the dark?

TriSonq said...

OK. Our schedules are really identical. I am planning (repeat, planning) on running the Rocket City. I have a friend who is trying to qualify for Boston with that race. I'm like you and Lana, a sub-4.

On the other hand, I don't have the San Fran Women's race, understandably. Ha!

See you this weekend at Cedars!!!

Kate said...

That's a hot jersey!!!

Marathnon sounds cool- and the sub-4 club is in business! We all have to do it this time!