Thursday, July 05, 2007

Klutz

Yesterday I was updating my training log. As I was putting in Tuesday’s hilly ride, I discovered that my max heart rate for the ride was 191. That’s right one-nine-one. Between the fall and high heart rate, I am just glad to be alive.

Tuesday evening I went to toning and yoga classes. The instructors had all just returned from a weekend workshop in Atlanta. They learned all kinds of new ways to hurt us and Cindy couldn’t wait to try some of them out on us. I cussed Cindy, Lana and hills for 2 hours.

Yesterday, I spent in. I sat by the pool. I was enjoying a lazy 4th of July. When Ronnie got home from golf, I was feeling guilty for being so lazy and eating like a pig so I decided to go for a ride. I did a nice FLAT route. 26.23 miles in 1:37:03. I got chased by 3 different dogs, nothing like a little sprint in the middle of a ride.

This morning I hit snooze. I got up the second time the alarm went off but had lost enough time that my 4 mile run had to be cut to a 3 mile run. I decided to do the greenway and town loop. I was about a half mile into my run when I tripped and fell. The sidewalk had a small uneven spot but nothing like the sidewalk in town. I went skidding across the sidewalk on my right knee. I jumped up really fast and looked around make sure no one saw me and started running gain. At the end of the greenway, I stopped to survey the damage. Nothing major, my hands were scuffed and the outside of my right knee was scrapped to match the front. I continued on with my run. I finished the 3 miles in 29:52.

I think is it safe to assume that I have secured the klutz of the month award for July!!

3 comments:

jen said...

Ok Michele, I think you should start wearing knee pads at all times. :P

Great job on all the workouts lately!!

Signed, an even bigger Klutz

Brooke said...

Is there some sort of prize that comes with that honor?

Unknown said...

It's still early, Michele. Maybe one of us can do something and take the title away from you for a while!