Friday, July 06, 2007

Swim and Bike

Lana has been camping this week out a AEDC, so this morning I drove out there to meet up. First we did a short lake swim. We had just gotten started and I took a breath and there was Lana’s face. I kinda of laughed but kept on going. A minute later there she was again and again. This time we both stopped because we were laughing too hard to swim. Here we had the whole lake but we had to swim right on top of each other. After the first buoy, I ran into Lana and we stopped due to laughter again. We finally made it out of the water. Best guess is 650 yards. We were both a lot more tired then we should have been after a swim of that length.

We got on our bikes. Lana had left her helmet at the camp site so we rode down there so she could get it. Then we were off. We rode the Mach Tenn route, about 16 miles. We had a good ride. And I am happy to report that we were incident free!!!!

3 comments:

Phil said...

Sorry about your fall yesterday. No matter how many times I tell myself that it's Left Foot, Right Foot, Repeat; I still seem to fall over every few months. So you've got a long way to go before you can officially claim, klutz of the month.

Dances with Corgis said...

That's pretty funny about the swim... perhaps you guys just wanted to practice for those crowded race starts? :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like me. I don't feel very comfortable in the water. I am always struggling with my wetsuit. We need them here in Seattle!

I am a runner who does a sprint tri or 2 every Summer. I've done lot of marathons, but swimming is not my favorite thing. Never the less, I plan on doing the Kirkland Triathlon again this year. I've done it every year since it's inauguration.