Friday, February 13, 2009

Another Deposit

I think some days your body just yells "That's enough" and then stops.
Monday was my day.
But I have been back to normal training since then. I am still extra tired and hope to make up some sleep this long weekend. I do plan to get in all my required workouts including my long bike. And since it is only 2 hours this week, that should not be a problem.
After Mondays slackerness (it's my blog, I can make up words), I got back on program with a trainer ride Tuesday morning. It was suppose to be intervals and maybe I didn't push the hard as hard as I could have but I didn't take the easy all that easy either. I ended up with 18.2 miles in 1:08. Respectable.
Wednesday was a tempo run and a SWEAR it said 2 easy, 2 short tempo (8:08 for me), 2 easy. So that is what I did with the tempo miles actually being 8:00 and 8:07. Then when I got home and logged my run I saw it was suppose to be 2 easy, 3 ST and 1 easy. OOPS. I really do believe I could have held my tempo pace for another mile so I am not worrying about it too much. After I took the kids to school I went to toning class. I really need to get in another day of weights. My core is like jello and my triceps are jiggly. It is just gross. Anyway, Wednesday evening was swim class. She gave us a really good workout. I don't think I am EVER going to be able to do the butterfly and it resemble the actual stroke but maybe I will be able to get from one end of the pool to the other without drinking half of it. i got home and Ronnie and I grouted the bathroom. We should have a toilet this weekend. And maybe even finish the grouting of the rest of the floor?!?!?!
Thursday was a scheduled rest day. I thought about trying to make up a swim or a bike but decided to sleep instead. The slacker was back.
Today was 18 miles at planned marathon pace (PMP) + 45-60 seconds. I dropped the kids off at school at 7:30 so that I could get as early of a start as possible. Our outside thermometer said it was about 38 degrees. My weather forecast text said sunny and a high of 63. I knew I was over dressed again, but I hate getting cold so much. After 4 miles I had to shed the gloves and after 12 the toboggan had to come off. Now I had to carry all this because the pockets of my vest were full of water, sharkies, my ipod, and my phone. I had to finish my run with a final loop of my neighborhood and then run 0.2 miles past my house. I got to the stop sign and turned around just as my neighbor was pulling in. He waved and I waved back, dropping one of my gloves in the process. I had to turn around and get it. I thought I was going to fall on my face bending over to pick it up. I grabbed it then finished out the run by passing my house again. 18 miles in 2:51:52. 9:33 pace. That is good enough for PMP+ for my BQ time. Another deposit in the bank.
I would be feeling really good about these long runs except my friend David that I am planning to run the marathon with is injured and I don't know if he is going to be able to run. I am trying not to thinking about the possibility of going to this race alone and just praying he will be well soon. Get better David!!!!
In the meantime, It's five o'clock somewhere. Time to recover.

4 comments:

jen said...

Another perfect long run. Nice work!

I think you did the right thing by taking that rest day as scheduled and not trying to make up any workouts. The rest days are just as important as the training days!

Have a great ride this weekend and a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

I don't like the idea of not being able to do the pig! I'm hoping the healing will come quickly...

Missy said...

Doesn't sound like a slacker to me! That's a lot of grout...hope you get a toilet real soon.

Holly Jane said...

You've had some awesome workouts this week!!!! And you will do great at the pig. Good job!!!