Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Racing Garmin Guy

So, I didn't make it up ate 4:30 yesterday like I planned. (shakes head in shame)
But...I did still manage to get the 1:20 trainer ride done. At 6:45PM, Bryce was at scouts and Casey was done with homework and watching TV. So I hopped on my trainer and watch iCarley with her. I finished my ride just in time to get the kids to bed.
I love it when things work out that way.

On the other hand...This mornings plan was to get up at 4:00, do my 5 mile tempo run, and go to Cindy's toning class. But at 3:20 the dog woke me up to go out. It was raining a little. 20 minutes later I am yelling for the dog to hurry up and it is pouring. The alarm went off at 4 and I could still hear rain so I reset for 5 hoping to at least get my run in. As luck would have it when the alarm went off at 5 it was no longer raining. I suited up, programmed Garmin Guy for a 5 mile run at 8:23, and the race was on. I realized right off that I was WAY over dressed. I did a two loop deal and after the first loop dropped my gloves, hat and vest off at my mailbox. I felt much better for that second loop. And I am happy to report that I beat Garmin Guy!! 8:16 overall pace!!!
When I got home I did some abs and stretched. Tonight is swim class and I have to try to work in some weights either before or after class.
Also, that box of evil...is safe in the freezer. I will allow myself a reward of 1 serving (the 4 cookie kind) once I reach my goal weight. Hope they aren't expired by then!

5 comments:

Missy said...

I really need to figure out how to use my damn Garmin!

jen said...

Nice! I have never used the Garmin guy but it sounds fun. Way to kick his ass. :)

Chloe said...

Me too...I don't understand the garmin guy. Do you use the training mode or something and just throw in the pace you want? I'm happy to figure out how to get it to beep every mile! I'll have to work on that tonight :)

I see that you are doing New Orleans and IronGirl Atl as well! I'm so excited about those two races! I had a bunch of friend that did Irongirl last year and had a blast!

monicac2 said...

What time do you go to bed at night? I have such a hard time getting up in the mornings (especially in the winter!). I'm hardly ever asleep before midnight, though ...

Benson said...

Nice job adapting the workout.
garmin man is a cool dude.