Monday, February 09, 2009

Slacking

You would think after a weekend of no training that I would have been chomping at the bit, ready to run this morning. But I wasn't. Another night of fitfully sleeping and I was still exhausted when the alarm went off at 4. I got up anyway and started my run. I did the 1 mile warm up and started the first (of 3) 1 mile interval. I realized right away that I HAD to go. So I took the short loop home and ran all the way inside. 1.88 total miles.
Now, I know I could have gone back out and finished the run. But I was just so dang tired. I got back in bed and reset my alarm for 6:30 deciding to skip the swim too.
I got some good z's and feel better now. Still don't see getting either the run or swim done today but maybe I will be fresh and ready for everything else this week.

Here are some pics from the Spelunking trip.

Box test, everyone had to crawl through this box. If you didn't fit, you didn't go.
The first tour was just basically a hick out lots of stairs looking around the cave. Very wide open.


The second tour is when things got really fun. We got to crawl on our bellies, trudge through mud, and walk a balance beam.



Bryce was asleep in seconds. Casey took a little longer but still slept good. I didn't sleep as good. lots of snoring, talking and flash lights.

2 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Great pics! Did you guys spend the night in the cave?! Wow!!

jen said...

Great pictures. I'm a little (ha) clausterphopic so I really admire you guys for doing that.

Have a great week! :)