Friday, February 06, 2009

First 20 for Flying Pig

Last night I downloaded some podcasts to get ready for my long run today. Phedippidations was the only one of my normal podcasts to have something new, so I had to go out on a limb and try some new stuff.
I got up at 6 this morning, not because I had to but because Ronnie's alarm clock went off. He is a snoozer so I knew that the clock would be buzzing every nine minutes for the next half hour. I wasn't going to get anymore sleep, might as well get up.
I made a good breakfast, got the kids up and ready, and got dressed to run. I dropped the kids off at school and saw that according to my car it was 37 degrees. I thought I might be over dressed but HATE to be cold so just went with it.
The plan called for 20 miles at PMP + 45-60 seconds.
I had no planned route so I just turned on my ipod to one of the new podcasts I had found, Running with the Pack, and took off. I felt good and really enjoyed running in the sun. I took Sharkies and 6 oz of water with me and this time I ate them.
I did almost trip over a couple of dogs that got right on my heels but never barked. Otherwise, it was an uneventful run. I got really tired at the end and couldn't wait to be done. I ran out of water with 2 miles still to go. I am not use to running in the "heat" so forgot how much fluid I really needed.
I had to make one last loop of my neighborhood, passing my house, to get the mileage. that was hard. I was hot and tired and so ready to be done I actually thought for a few seconds that 19 was good enough. But I finished it out.
20 miles in 3:13:32, 9:41 pace. That makes the BQ PMP+ pace.
After my run, I finished laying the tile. Ronnie had gotten them all cut last night so I got them stuck down today. Now we are ready to grout!!!
Now I am enjoying a recovery beer and think we are going to Wingers for dinner.

2 comments:

jen said...

Great run Michele!! Way to nail the pace. I agree that running past your house (or car) with just a mile or something left is torture. Way to finish it out. Have a great weekend! :)

Missy said...

Nice work! Yeah, hard to know around here right now, what to wear, what to carry with you. I Just can't wait for shorts!!!