Saturday, February 07, 2009

New Orleans Update

I forgot to mention that Thursday they posted swim start times for New Orleans 70.3
I was really bummed to find out that I will be going out in the last wave. A full hour and 28 minutes after the first wave goes out. But then yesterday the other new podcast I listened to(can't remember the name offhand) talked about the Legal Draft. He said that while passing you actually are legally drafting for 10-15 seconds and therefore using less effort. In the example he gave, a rider passing 100 groups of people would gain 2 minutes. So maybe starting at the end isn't such a bad thing. You know I prefer to chase then be chased anyway. If only I didn't have to worry about how hot it will be by the time I start the run.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Do your best to stay calm, not freak out and stay away from the fray (since you have to wait to get into the water).

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I'm all about that legal draft! If you've got 10 seconds...or however many...takem'!

Ryan said...

Just think of how many men on $5000 bikes with disk wheels you are going to pass...just give them a wink when you go by.

Oh yeah, great time with the 20 miler, but if you can lay tile afterwards, you didn't run fast enough :-)