Sunday, September 10, 2006

I Run for the Party

Yesterday started out with the kids’ first football game/cheer leading at 11:30 followed by their first soccer game at 12:30.


The babysitter came over at 3:00 and Ronnie and I headed to Nashville for the I Run for the Party 5k. Tracy called and gave us the heads up on where to park. We got our bibs, wrist bands, bags, and t-shirts. We decided against the timing chip since this was all for the party anyway. We met up with the rest of the group at a bar. The rules were made. There was a minute and a half deduction for each beer you drank BEFORE the race, one minute for each beer you drank DURING the race, and thirty seconds for each cigarette smoked DURING the race.
We hung out at the bar for awhile and I tried to earn as many prerace deductions as possible.





We made a stop back by the cars to drop off out bags and stuff then headed to the start line.


Tracy, Ronnie, Gary and I started out together but Gary took off right away. Tracy and I decided to stop at the water stop since we never stop for water at a 5k. That is when we lost Ronnie. We saw just about everyone in our group either in front of us or behind at the turn around point. I crossed the finish line in just over 29 minutes. Even with my prerace deductions of 4.5 minutes it was still not an impressive time. I still feel like I should have gotten additional deductions for the 17 mile long run the day before.
Once everyone made it across the finish line we got in line and got our free beer and martini.
Then we hung went to the Tin Roof and got our free chips and dip. We went back to the first bar we started the night out at and watch some of the UT game. Then we went to the Big River Grill to eat.
It was a really fun race and I had a great time.

6 comments:

mouse said...

OMG! this is hilarious! I WANT TO DO THIS RACE!!!

SRR said...

Love all the pics! Looks like a great time!

teacherwoman said...

That sounds like fun! I would love to find a race like that around here!

E-Speed said...

sounds like a freaking blast! Glad you had so much fun!

Lance Notstrong said...

Drinking and running??? I've never heard of such a thing!!! They never have races like that around here.

Jenniferlyn said...

What an AWESOME race Michele! I love the idea... and am now so totally jealous!