Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Tempo

This morning was my tempo run. The plan called for 5 miles at MT. What no warm up, no cool down??? Just get out of bed and start running at an 8:28 pace!!

I got up at 5 and it was cold. I knew I wasn’t going to hit pace this morning because I didn’t sleep well worrying about my son. He has to have some blood work done to check his liver due to some medicine he has got to start taking for the next month. I was pleased when the first mile I did in fact hit pace. 8:25, but from there it fell apart. I ended up with an 8:38 pace for the 5 miles (which just happens to be my LT pace). Mile 4 really kicked my butt.

Now I just need to rest up and get ready for the 20 miler on Friday.

4 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Good job getting up at 5:00 - I couldn't have run 10 min miles that early this morning!

Anonymous said...

Good job... hope all is well with your son.

Phil said...

Michele ... let us know how things go with son. I hope all is well.

I would have suggested at least a mile warmup before this workout. A nice slow warm up gets the blood moving and your legs loose. For some reason, I always treat a tempo run like a race. I do a 2 mile warm up. STOP, walk around and fret (just like a race), reset my Garmin and take off. This really helps my focus.

In the end you still did 5 miles at 8:38. That's a serious workout. Great job.

Rae said...

I hope everything goes well for your son.

I wouldn't beat myself up too much, that's a great pace!! And very, very early in the am!!

Good luck with your 20!!