Saturday, September 23, 2006

Recovery Ride

This morning we got to sleep in. We had a bye for football/cheerleading and the soccer game was at 12:30. It rained during the game and I wondered if I was going to get my ride in today. When we got home, Ronnie told we were under a tornado watch. By 3:00 the sun was out, but Ronnie said we were still under a tornado watch. I needed to ride, so out I went. I didn’t even make it out of the neighborhood before it started raining on me. I could see the blue sky ahead so I pushed on. The rain didn’t last and the sun was back out soon. There was a strong wind again today, making it really hard to hear the traffic behind me. I ended up riding 29.44 miles in 1:50:53. My left knee started hurting for the last couple of miles. I have ice on it now.

The Music City Tri pictures are out and if you need a good laugh you can see them here. I never realized how FAT my KNEES are! I would love to have a good race picture taken of me just ONCE!

4 comments:

Phil said...

Michele ... Toranado Watch Schmornado Watch ... who's afraid of a little rain .. not Michele! Way to go getting your bike ride in regardless of the weather conditions

Great pics and no comment on the kness. None of us are ever happy with our own race pictures. They looked good to me. I always like the running shots when both feet are off the ground.

I did have one question. Take a look at your side profile in this bike photo. I'm just a moutain biking puke and don't know anything about road riding, but it looks like your left leg is fully extended and your heel is still slightly lifted up. It's tough to get power through the entire down stroke when your leg goes straight and you're pushing off with your ankles. Have you considered lowering your saddle a 1/2 inch to keep a slight bend in your knee at the end of the stroke? Try it on your next training ride and see if you ride more relaxed.

Hope your knee is feeling OK in the morning.

Trisaratops said...

I think they got some great pics! What a great smile! :)

Anonymous said...

Good job.... Receive a postcard yesterday with the pics from the Franklin Classic, you are in two of them!

Lance Notstrong said...

Riding in the rain is fun :-) And I hear you about having a good pic. I think your pictures look fine, but I know what you mean. They always get me in mid step, or reaching for my bottle or with a weird look on my face :-)