Friday, September 01, 2006

Ouch!!!!

Yesterday was a scheduled rest day but since I rested on Sunday AND Monday I hit the pool. I got there at 5:45am. They are not suppose to open until 6:00 but there were already people in two of the three lanes. I quickly claimed the last open lane and got to work. I swam 1750 yards in 36:26. I felt ok but knew it wasn’t my best effort. The guy in the lane next to me was really flying. I hate getting lapped and when he lapped me for the third time I was beginning to think about swimming under the lane rope and dunking him. He ended up getting a kick board for some laps and then I lapped him a few times. Not that it made me feel better but at least it prevented me from drowning a guy just because he is a good swimmer.
This morning the plan called for 15 miles at PMP + 45 seconds. I headed out at 8:00 after taking the kids to school. It was a great day to run. It was about 75 degrees and overcast. I felt great and had to issues. The diet I have been on all week must be working, I have lost about a pound and my legs didn’t get rubbed raw this time. Yey me!!! After 8 miles the sun came out. That made it hot. Luckily I had not needed my fluids much up until this points so I was fine. I made on pit stop at my mailbox to refill my Gatorade bottle at 10.5 miles. I noticed my toes on my right foot were feeling like they were getting rubbed but I was almost done now. I finished the run in 2:28:47 for a 9:55 pace. Not exactly where I wanted to be but…

When I got home I took my shoes off to discover that my socks did indeed rub.



A pedicure was required. I showered and went to Ultra Nails. The lady tried to kill me. She cut almost all the skin off my second biggest toe and my second smallest toe then poured some kind of liquid fire on my foot, TWICE. Then she grabbed a bottle that said hydrogen peroxide. I cringed and prepared for more burn, she laughed and said “It water”. Than God!!! My foot still hurts. I hope it recovers quickly; I am trying to get a babysitter so that I can go with Lana to run a 10k in Franklin Monday morning. Then there is I Run for the Party on the 9th and Music City Tri on the 17th. I have no time for blisters.

I know how important proper fitting shoes are and I went to Fleet Feet in Nov and got fitted for shoes. The shoes I was running in this morning are a newer pair of one of the two shoes that they fitted me in. I have FOUR pair of running shoes, not counting my shoes that I use for Tri’s, and rotate them for each run. I was wearing good running socks, nothing cheep on these feet. I don’t know why my shoes rubbed me, and this isn’t the first time. My feet are NOT pretty!!!

11 comments:

Rae said...

Ooooh, that looks painful!! Drain it and keep it clean!

We'll have to have a proper meetup after the Party. Brent will be out of town (Vegas!) so I'm flying solo. There's been a lot of chatter about the race this week - they are going to have chips for everyone now.

Anonymous said...

That picture of your foot makes me hurt just looking at it.

Trisaratops said...

OW! Your poor foot!

LOL at the swimmer guy story! You crack me up. :)

Brooke said...

Ouch!! That looks so painful. You are a better woman than I, I think a pedicure would've been the last thing on my mind.

Run for Chocolate said...

Ouch thank god for pedicures. I can't imagine what caused those blisters with all those precautions you took. Maybe the road was hot?

Phil said...

Now that looks painful .. can't imagine what caused this. I know you had top of the line socks on (wouldn't expect any less), but was your foot damp when you pulled off your sock? Something in there was causing friction obviously.

Hope your foot heals quickly.

MNFirefly said...

Owwwwwwwww! The blister looks UGGGLY! Have you looked if your socks may be to blame? Are you using Body Glide on the feet too?

teacherwoman said...

Ouch! Looks like it hurts...bad!!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Good job on the run and swim!!

SRR said...

Oh honey...do I feel your pain!

:) said...

yee-owch.