Friday, September 15, 2006

Wetsuit Test Drive

Yesterday was a cross training day and it turned out that Ronnie told me wrong and his continuing education class wasn’t until today. So I got up at 5:20 and headed to the Rec Center pool. I don’t know what is wrong with me but my swimming has been so slow. Maybe it is because it is fall now and tri season is coming to and end. I don’t know but my body better wake up and get ready to swim on Sunday!!! Yesterday’s swim was 1750 yards in 37:38.

This morning I picked Lana up at the Rec Center at a little after 8:00 and we drove out to AEDC for a lake swim. I am lovin’ my new wetsuit. Not the way I look in it but the way I float! We did a short swim, I am guessing between 600 and 700 yards. I felt great. I sure hope wetsuits are legal Sunday. My swim time might not be so bad after all.
After I took Lana home, I changed into running clothes and headed out for an 8 miler. I ran the less flat of the routes out here. It is still not hilly and didn’t do much to prepare me for the hilly course on Sunday. However, I felt good on the run. It was sunny and 65 when I started and 75 when I finished. There was a nice breeze as I headed out but I soon discovered when I made a turn into it that it was in fact a nice wind. It was a great morning to run. The 8 miles took me 1:13:00, 9:07 pace.
Tomorrow the kids have a football game and a soccer game. I hope to squeeze in a short 15-16 mile ride but am not sure when. Then Sunday is the last Tri of the season.
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Janet Edwards said...

Sounds like a good day of training!

Wetsuits just do not help the figure at all!

Phil said...

Great 8 mile easy run. I'm so envious of "65 and sunny". Sounds wonderful.

Hope all goes well with your tri on Sunday. Your wet suit should help the swim, but be sure to practice getting out of it quickly, else you'll spend more time in the transition zone than you did in the water:)

Good luck ... looking forward to the race report.