Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Trainers-They aren’t just for winter

Sunday and Monday were scheduled rest days. I had planned on swim class on Sunday but when Lana had to back out, I decided to stay home and enjoy the beautiful weather.

So this morning I got up right before the alarm went off at 5:20. I went to the pool and swam a total of 1400 yards in 29:46. My 100’s were all done right a 2:00 each. I am disappointed in how slow my swimming is, but I guess if I have to have a slump this close to race day, it is best to have it in swimming.

This afternoon, I set my trainer up in the backyard and did my 45 minute ride while the kids swam. Multi tasking. When I got my trainer I never guessed I would be using it on such a beautiful day. It was sunny and quite warm, I was soaked when I finished. 12.82 miles for a 17.0 mph average speed.

3 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Awesome job, Michelle!

Unknown said...

You even got to work on those oh-so-lovely cycling tan lines while you were on the trainer. Now that's multi-tasking.

Joe said...

Being creative like that is better than skipping a workout altogether. Good job.