Saturday, October 27, 2007

17 Solo

I didn't realize just how much I have come to depend on Lana to keep me on pace. For Friday's long run were were not able to do it together for many reasons.
So Thursday night I downloaded some podcasts.
Friday, I dropped the kids off at school and started my run at 7:45. It was cold and drizzling. I didn't have a route mapped out but had an idea of where I was going.
I started the run out listening to Steve Runner's Phedippidation Cheers from the World. It really helped motivate me to keep going. Then it was Results for Beyond the Couch of Doom. Cool hearing all the race reports and more motivation to keep going.


I felt ok the whole run expect for the cold drizzle which made me miserable. It became more of a rain for miles 8-12 and that pushed me to run a little faster just so I could get it done.
When the rain slowed back to a drizzle, I slowed a little too. Mile 16 was running down Maple Springs back to my neighborhood. I got run off the road three times by cars. I had to run in the grass ditch and it slowed my pace for that mile. I made it back to my subdivision for my final mile. I had to run just past my house before Garmin beeped.
17 miles in 2:44:39. 9:41 pace. Average heart rate 152 max 166.
Splits:
9:45, 9:41, 9:37, 9:44, 9:41, 9:58, 9:49, 9:48, 9:48, 9:26, 9:34, 9:29, 9:42, 9:34, 9:39, 9:51, and 9:33

I took a ice bath and a hot shower. When I looked out the window, the sun was out. Just my luck.

It is going to be tough getting in my Sunday and Monday runs, since I will still be single. I think the neighbor is going to let the kids play at her house Sunday while I run 8. Monday's run is just going to have to wait until Ronnie gets home, whatever time that may be!

2 comments:

Trisaratops said...

17 solo--wow!!! Great mental training! Nicely done!

Anonymous said...

Running by yourself can be tough but you did great. The rain this week didn't help either. You're doing great.