Friday, October 19, 2007

Over the Hump

After yesterdays 5 mile recovery run, all I had left for "peak week" was a 20 miler.

So last night I mapped out a route.

It stormed pretty hard during the night. As a matter of fact, I got woke up by the storm at one point and decide if it was still raining at 4:00 I wasn't running.

When my alarm went of at 3:45, there was no rain so I got ready and went to Lana's house.

It was so dark and we got blinded by headlights several times. Then somewhere in the 8-10 mile range I ran into a tree! It had fallen over onto the road in the storm. I was running along and never even saw it. Lana and I got a great laugh about that. She tried to take a picture but it was still too dark.

With about 3 mile to go, Lana was still feeling great but I was starting to fade. I told her to go on. She never got so far ahead that I couldn't see her but she differently finished much stronger then me.

The route was perfect mileage wise. I beeped 20 miles just past Lana's street. Of course, Lana's Garmin was 7 hundredths ahead of mine but she came back and then finished with me. What a great training partner. She has a sub 4 in the bag!!

No one can say we take the easy way out either. Here is the elevation chart...

And here are my splits:

All in all, it was a good run. I wish I had felt stronger the last few miles but I still held pace. Another negative split run.

Yesterday was my wonderful husband's birthday. So it is time to go out and celebrate.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you believe you are over the hump! Now only one more 20 mile run to go.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Great run and great route, Michele. But if you're going to start predicting sub-4's, you have to change the "she" to "we".

Thanks for the compliments - it was just an usually good day for me today.

Happy Birthday, Ronnie!

Dances with Corgis said...

Heh. I was going to make fun of you for running into a tree, but I didn't realize it was fallen down in the road... and not standing up. That would have been funnier :)

TJ said...

Sounds like yall need to get some of those lights that attach to your cap visor.....

Great run! You're going to have a great race.

Rae said...

Great job on the 20!

TriSonq said...

Ha! I tree.

Umm. Marathon plan has been kicked to the curb for me.

jen said...

NICE! Great pace on the 20 miler and congrats on getting over the hump. You are running really strong, I'd say you both have sub-4 in the bag. Great work!

Marathon Maritza said...

Great job, Michele!!! Way to kick peak week's ass!

And negative splits on a 20 miler? You rule.