Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Another Weekday 12

Yesterday was a rest/cross train day. I thought about going to the pool. I ended up cleaning bathrooms and going to Wal-Mart instead. Swimming would have been more fun.

Today was another mid week long run. 12 miles. I met Lana at her house at 4:20. After a scary car encounter Monday, Lana wanted to stay in some areas with more light today. So we ran toward town and then just winged it from there. Of course my Garmin was short again, so in the end we had to run a tenth of a mile past Lana's street to get to 12 on my Garmin.
Splits look like this:
9:56, 9:47, 9:45, 9:43, 9:22, 9:41, 9:29, 9:22, 9:32, 9:34, 9:58, 9:34
for an average pace of 9:39/mile
I don't know what happened on that eleventh mile. There is no reason that I can think of that we would have had our slowest mile. I am waiting to see Lana's splits and see if that is where my Garmin lost time.
Even with that slow mile, we still had a negative split and an overall good pace. I am pleased with the run.
Tomorrow is a 5 mile recovery run and then Friday is 20.

On the Ironman front...we got our assignments. Lana and I will first be doing body marking and move on to peelers.

4 comments:

Marathon Maritza said...

You are doing so great!!! Keep up the hard work and you will surely CRUSH peak week!

That's so strange about your Garmin vs. Lana's because some splits are right on and others way off. I think you are right to look into the battery...

Zach said...

It's nice to see that there are other people up early to get their workout done. You're up a bit earlier than me but you are also getting more miles in.

So since you got your day of jury duty in does that mean you are off the hook for a year? That's the way they do it here.

MNFirefly said...

Very sweet splits, Michele! Great job!

E-Speed said...

I don't know how you gals find time for a mid week 12! Hope the peak week is going well. I find those weeks I actually feel better than the ones where I back off on mileage.