Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tune Up 10K

The plan called for a tune up race this morning. 8-15k

Well, there aren't any Thursday morning races and being a single mom right now, I couldn't even go meet Mike and Lana for their "race" at 5:15am.

So I programed my virtual training partner on my Garmin with my one and only 10K race time. 52:00 at the Franklin Fall Classic September 06. I ran alone after dropping the kids off at school.

I started out too fast determined not to let that little guy get ahead of me. My heart rate was way too high but I push on just trying to stay ahead.

Garmin finally signaled the end of the race, I won!!!! It wasn't by much, 100 feet or so, but I needed the boost badly.

Final time 51:49, 8:20 pace. My heart rate averaged 170 and peaked at 184.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I ran the 06 race with you, I guess it was like I was the "little" guy you ran with this morning (grin). I going to have a hard time keeping up with you in December!

MNFirefly said...

Congrads!

jen said...

Nice job!! I never use that little guy on the garmin, but it sounds like fun. Great pace today. :)

Lisa said...

GREAT JOB!
That pic looks like Raphaels. :)

Kate said...

Nice work for a *solo* race!

Kate said...

(well, nice work full stop, especially for a solo race!(

Joe said...

> I started out too fast
> determined not to let
> that little guy get
> ahead of me

Hehe, take that little Garmin guy!