Monday, October 22, 2007

Starting Over

On September 17 I started carrying around a notebook. In this notebook I wrote down everything I ate and drank during the day and all my workouts. In the beginning I wrote everything down. I ate less, some days not enough. I lost a few pounds. Then I got lax about the notebook, not carrying with me, forgetting to write stuff down. I have gained weight.
Marathon training can not mean weight gain this time around.
Time to get back to the notebook.
Eating healthy is a lot of work.

The eating has been horrible but the workouts are still happening,even if they haven't been the best.

Saturday-rest/cross train
I finally got back on my bike. It felt great to ride again. We had a good group. It is great to see all these people riding. Going to have some new triathletes come spring. My legs felt good in the beginning but after a few hills, I started to feel the fatigue and fell to the back of the pack, behind even the beginners. Man I suck. Nothing new. I need to be spending more time in the saddle. We rode about 24 miles. Then I hurried across the street to Casey's game.

Sunday- VO2 Max (8 miles with 5 x 600)
Ronnie had golf scheduled. I promised him when I got into all this that I would try to impact his golf as little as possible. He had already skipped Saturday so I could ride. So I got up at 4:15 for my run. I don't run fast early on a Sunday morning. I tried but did not hit my intervals. 7:51, 8:08; 8:30, 8:20, 7:51. No where close to the 5k pace I was suppose to hold. Lana is giving me extra credit since I didn't run them on the "flat, springy track".

Today - 11 miles middle long run
Lana met me at my house at 4:30. I had mapped out a route Sunday and once again hit it dead on. I had no big hopes for this run, just get it done. I was way over dressed and got hot quickly. Lana was kind enough to wear her fuel belt and carry Powerade for both of us. I could have made it without, but it sure was nice to have a little boost in that second half. It took us 1:48:07 to finish, 9:50 pace.

Tomorrow is a rest/cross train day. I have high hopes of doing some weights. I have tried to fit some weights in on this program but if it isn't on the schedule, it has little hope of getting done. I am just keeping my head above water to get in the scheduled workouts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about running fast early in the morning. These ol' bones just don't want to move fast early.

Your are doing great. You've got the high mileage week behind you and only one more 20 miler to go. Race Day will be here before you know it!

Lance Notstrong said...

The more you keep off, that's the less you have to carry for 26.2 miles :-)

MNFirefly said...

Great idea. That's why I LOVE weight watchers. Accountablity is the KEY!