Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Fall Break

The kids are out of school for fall break this week. We aren’t going on a trip anywhere so I am trying to make it as fun as possible while just staying here. It is taking a lot of time and energy. Therefore I am way behind on my blog.

Saturday- Old Timers Day
I was suppose to run the 5K but after the 20 mile run Friday, I decided to stick with the rest day and flake on the race. The kids and I went to the parade and Casey game. Big congrats to all my training buddies who did so well at the race.

Sunday- 6 miles recovery
I got up at about 7 and ran nice and slow and alone. I did my usual 6 mile route in 59:11, 9:53 pace.

Monday-14 mile mid-long run
Got up at 4:20 and was out the door by 4:30. Once again I was alone and this run didn’t go so well. I had tummy issues right from the start. By 11.5 I HAD to stop by the house. Then the last 2.5 seemed endless. Finally my Garmin beeped 14 and I could stop. 2:21:17, 10:06 pace. I had stomach issues the rest of the day.

Tuesday-6 mile recovery
Finally, someone to run with. I met Tracy at the Rec Center at 5. Amy was a no show. We ran the interstate road route. More stomach issues. We had to lap the parking lot to get to 6. As soon as I beeped I jumped in the car and rushed home. 1:03:48, 10:38 pace.

Wednesday-Rest/recovery
I have been reading Going Long and it stresses that if you feel tired take a rest day. So this morning I slept in. I can’t say I was really tired but the idea of sleeping in really appealed to me. Then I took the kids to the zoo. I am glad I didn’t get up and workout this morning. I don’t know if I could have kept up with the kids if I had. We zipped from one exhibit to the next. As soon as they spotted the animal, off we went. After the zoo, I drug the kids to Fleet Feet. I have blisters on the ends of every toe so thought maybe I should get refitted for shoes. They were surprised that the other Fleet Feet put me in the shoes that I am running in and they put me in a more neutral shoe. I hope they help my poor toes.

2 comments:

Tri-Dummy said...

Wow. you are really getting the miles in!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Going Long is a great reference. They are right. If you're really tired, just sleep. Sleep is such a powerful recovery tool.

During my last recovery week I slept through my alarm twice but my coach had no problem with it. If your body is pulling the serious sleep card, listen. :)

Can't wait to see you at IMFL.