Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Back in Business

A while back my HRM quit working. I never remembered to put a new battery in it and when I finally did it still didn't work.
Recently the plan had a heart rate run scheduled and since I didn't have my HRM working I just ran it based on feel. Doesn't really work well for me.
So last night I finally remembered to see what I could do to get the stupid thing working again. Found a rest menu and got back in business.
This morning it was up at 4:45 after a very sleepless night. Bryce ended up in bed with us at midnight. He wasn't feeling good yesterday. It is amazing how much room such a small person can take up in the bed.
Anyway, The plan called for a 30 minute run and a 2500 yard continuous swim. So I was off to the rec center by 5:00.
I ran around town, not flat like the plan said, but I did run slow enough to keep my heart rate down (most of the time).
Then it was inside for the swim. 100 lengths, 50 laps. I wish I could say I lost count and threw in a few extra but I didn't, I just swam slow. 2500 yards in 55:55.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As our girls got older and would show up by the bed in the middle of the night, we kept a sleeping bag under the bag. Then when they wanted to crawl in bed with us we would have them pull out the sleeping bag and sleep on the floor next to the bed. That way, all three of us got a decent night's sleep.

I can't imagine how long it would take me to swim 2500 yards....great job!