Monday, July 28, 2008

Time to get Back to Business

We got home this morning at 2. I slept for a few hours then got up for work. I decided to skip the swim this morning and do it this afternoon. Well, now I am too tired and just don't feel like it. Instead, I am going to bed early and getting back to hardcore tomorrow.

We had a great time on vacation and I actually got in some of the workouts. This is how it went.


Sunday:
Plan-rest day
Actual-travel day

Monday:
Plan- 40 minute run and 2300 yard swim
Actual-40 minute run on treadmill, lots of beer drinking in the rain

Tuesday:
Plan-1:10 bike and weights
Actual-1:10 bike on stationary bike, weights (had to skip the leg press since they didn't have that machine), 10 minute open water swim. water was VERY rough from the tropical storm and that is all I could stand fighting the waves. Drank more beer and watched the waves instead.

Wednesday:
Plan-1 hour run and 3250 yard swim
Actual- 1 hour treadmill run

Thursday:
Plan-1:30 easy spin and stretch/core
Actual- 32:50 pool swim and 1:30 easy spin

Friday:
Plan-1:20 run and 4200 yard swim
Actual- 1:20 run on beach (man that is HARD)

Saturday:
Plan-3:00 bike
Actual-1:10 spin. It was HOT in the room, I was bored, I had done the 3 hour ride the week before knowing I would never make it, I wanted to get out to the beach and the cold beer...

Sunday-
Plan-rest day
Actual-travel day

So that is it. I missed way too much of the swimming, drank way too much, and ate stuff I shouldn't have, but we had a GREAT time!!!!

Now it is time to get back to business, no more skipped workouts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the pictures, it looks like you had a GREAT trip.

Lisa said...

You deserved a break.
Love her cornrolled hair. Cute!

Darrell said...

Considering all the distractions, you got way more done than a lot of us might have.

I can't believe you went straight back to work after getting home so late. I usually need a vacation recovery day before I head back.