Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Don't Mountain Bike

Today's plan called for a one hour mountain bike and an hour ten run. I don't mountain bike and I am not starting for this plan!
So I just set out on my road bike at 5:30 this morning. I did some poor planning and ended up riding for 1:15. It felt good to be back outside on my bike. All that indoor stationary bike riding last week got old.
I returned home, changed shoes, and went out for a nice slow run. I wanted to quit several times. It was getting hot and I was still so tired. I finished all 70 minutes and am glad I did.
As cross training I cut the grass. Both the push mower and the weed eater died on me.
I have thought about doing ab ripper and weights (from yesterday), but I haven't gotten around to it. It's not going to happen now.
Tomorrow is regestration for the kids at school. I just found out they both got the teachers I wanted for them!! So tomoorw we just pick up the paperwork.

4 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Congrats on finishing the run after that ride!!

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Sorry I can eat all that and still race!... For what it's worth, I can only do that before a 5K or a sprint tri. Anything longer, and I'm not so "dumb."

Good luck training for the big day in November!! (I did my first IM in Sept last year - IM WI)

MNFirefly said...

Congrads on getting that workout done.

IronTriTim said...

MTB v Road Its got 2 wheels and pedals, to me its the same thing. :-)

Marathon Maritza said...

You did great! Who cares about the 'mountain' part of the biking anyway?

Awwww, back to school. I was one of those kids who LOVED it and couldn't wait to hit Target for shiny, crisp new notebooks and unsharpened pencils. :)