Saturday, July 05, 2008

Forgotten Suit

This morning I got to sleep in. It was wonderful!!!!
I drove over to the rec center at about 8:30 for my scheduled run, weights and swim.
I ran the greenway and town. It was suppose to be a speed run but the plan called for planned marathon pace minus 30 seconds. I don't have a planned marathon pace! I just hope to finish the thing. So i just ran. I ended up with a 9:11 overall pace for just under 54 minutes. For the last mile I had to potty BAD so as soon as I got back to the Rec Center, I stopped my watch and ran to the bathroom.
I went upstairs and did the required weights. 2 sets each of squats, pull downs, leg presses, rows, leg extensions and leg curls. then I threw in 2 sets of triceps, I hate that under arm jiggle.
I realized I had forgotten to pack my swim suit. I thought about swimming in my running clothes but decided against it. I went home.
I have tossed around the idea of swimming in my pool but it is so short it makes doing laps tough. Now it is pouring rain so looks like I am just skipping the workout. Guess if I don't make it out of the water in 2:20 or less on Nov 1st I can blame this missed swim. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great run....hope it wasn't as humid in Manchester as is was here this morning.... I felt like I have been swimming I had sweated so much.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

You don't even want to know what all I have skipped lately! LOL. Little League has gotten the best of me this past week...

jen said...

You're doing great with the weights on top of the swim bike run. Sorry you forgot your suit, I've done that. I hope it doesn't ruin your IM swim. ;)

Marathon Maritza said...

"I thought about swimming in my running clothes" - you are the most hardcore person I know!

You're doing great!